HGV/ LGV / PCV / MINIBUS MEDICALS /HORSE TRAILER MEDICAL – £125
First off, let’s get it out the way . . . we know we are not the cheapest HGV medical providers on the market. The reason for this is because we provide a full medical history by asking our patients to request a GP summary sheet* from their normal GP. Cheap doesn’t mean thorough.
Why do we do this?
The reason we do this is because we want to provide the best service we possibly can, we want to protect you (the driver), your employer and the public. With incidents like the bin lorry in Glasgow, it is so important for all drivers, previous employers and GP’s to be completely open and upfront about the HGV driver’s medical history.
What’s the bin lorry incident got to do with it?
As the Doctor, we cannot decide whether you are fit to drive, this is down to the DVLA, but to fully complete the form to the best of our ability and that of your medical history we need as much information as possible.
It’s the driver’s responsibility
What’s included in the medical?
- Verification of medical history and any medication from the GP summary sheet* and comprehensive medical history
- Medical examination including;
- Blood pressure
- Cardio-respiratory examination
- Visual testing
- Musculo-skeletal examination
- Height, weight and BMI
- An ECG rhythm strip to screen for atrial fibrillation and rhythm abnormalities
- Blood glucose test for diabetes
- Completion of D4 DVLA form and any appropriate recommendations
What you need to bring along to the health check
- GP summary sheet* or medical record CD
- Photo ID
- DVLA D4 form (you can download here)
- Normal glasses (or contact lenses) for driving
* Prior to your medical at Kalmed, we require a GP summary sheet from your own NHS GP (requested from your Practice reception staff) or the new £10 CD available from your Practice which contains all your medical records. Most Practices can issue the GP Summary sheet within 1-2 working days but may vary and 1-2 weeks for the CD.
Are cheap medicals always best?
For your pocket maybe, but as part of your responsibility to the public and your employer to make sure that no detail is missed, it’s well worth the money.
Get in touch
To book an appointment with Dr Lifson click the button below:
The UK’s first online doctor led pharmacy