Accessibility on this website is guided by government standards and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) (insert link https://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/wcag.php). WCAG guidelines are widely accepted as the international standard for accessibility on the web.
Whilst we aim to make this website accessible to all users and achieve a WCAG conformance level ‘AA’; we continually work with stakeholders to ensure that conformance level ‘A’ is adhered to as a minimum.
If you experience any accessibility issue on this site or have any comment, please contact us.
Adobe – Read Out Loud
Newer versions of Adobe Reader (insert link https://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/) (version 7 and above) have inbuilt “read out loud” functionality. Portable Document Format (PDF) documents can be read out loud in three short steps:
- Open a PDF document and click on “View”
- Select “Read Out Loud”
- Activate Read Out Loud
Frequently used shortcuts include:
- Shift + Ctrl + Y: Activate Read Out Loud
- Shift + Ctrl + V: Read current page
- Shift + Ctrl + B: Read to end of document
- Shift + Ctrl + C: Pause / Resume reading
- Shift + Ctrl + E: Stop
Adjusting Text Size
- Internet Explorer: Go to “View” on the menu bar > Select text size / zoom
- Firefox: Go to “View” on the menu bar > Select text size / zoom. Alternatively hold down the “Ctrl” button on your keyboard and press the plus (+) key to increase text size. To reduce the latter hold down the “Ctrl” button and press the minus (-) key
Please note that the above settings may differ depending on the browser version.
You may need to download the following readers/viewers to access different document formats on this site. These can be downloaded free from relevant external websites as indicated below:
Download Microsoft Word Viewer (insert link http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=4)
Download Microsoft Excel Viewer (insert link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=10)
Download Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer (insert link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13)
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader (insert link https://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/)
Download Adobe Flash Player (insery link http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/)